About Me

I love animals and i love to read. I also love acting, which is why i'm in my school's plays. I speak french fluently and love it!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Frog Prince

Water Song by Suzanne Weyn is a retelling of the classic fairytale the frog prince. The time is during WWI and wealthy young English Emma Pennington is stuck in the middle of it in Belgium. One day, while eating lunch with her mother, a bomb strikes the cafĂ©, and her mother is killed, leaving Emma all alone. Then Emma meets an American soldier serving the English army, sick and injured from poison gas. Before she knows it, she’s in love with him, but in danger of her life, as the Germans took over her estate.
Emma is a lot like me. For instance, she knows that every person’s death is important to someone. It says in the book; “…Every soldier a friend, boyfriend, father, brother or son. Every civilian and soldier killed was someone’s dear one and an irreplaceable loss to that person.” I also believe that. Another example of our similarities is she is fluent is French. Evidence of this is “She swore under her breath in French, a habit she’d picked up in the girls’ dormitory at the Hampshire School.” Although I do not know how to swear in French, I am fluent in it.

No comments: